Monday, December 31, 2018

What’s the message

Being a Vipassana practitioner, I was aware of sitting as a meditative practice. I had never imagined how much walking could churn my mind and bring up the gross and unresolved elements to the surface.

After the days walk, I observed that I dreamt every day and in the morning I could remember these dreams crystal clear. Personally dreams have been like a mirror and I try to draw messages from them to understand the unresolved stuff.

Despite of knowing that I have to practice observing my thoughts and sensation of pain, I fail each day. And I know that spill over does affect my co-pilgrim.

Today during our silent time while reflecting on a few thoughts a middle aged gentleman came to us and offered us a marigold flower. No words were exchanged, just the gesture of giving and receiving, and a few seconds of gratitude and we stared walking again.

Later in the evening when we were reflecting it struck that the gentleman walked straight to us out of nowhere. There were no farms of this flower around yet the flower was fresh. It wasn’t that he had many flower and he offered one from it. He just had one flower.

The question that we are holding is what is the message that he brought to us with that flower.







No comments:

Post a Comment

The heart is the true kabba:)

Before we started our walk we went to  Brahma Vidhya mandir , Pavnar to seek blessings from the elders some of whom have walked thousands o...