Wednesday, June 5, 2019

The Mother

dear friend shared this song with us in the middle of our pilgrimage. And I feel so grateful to her because this song felt as an expression of our unsaid experience of being carried by some unknown yet a known force gently across the rivers, ocean, mountains, thorny roads, marshy land, and thick forest trails.

If asked, how would you describe the smell of the wildflowers or the breeze touching your eyes or the smile of a newborn child? How would you describe the love that you have received from your mother? I might be able to share her actions or say her "doing" part but not the essence of her "being" and the omnipresent love that I feel at all times. Likewise, it is hard to put in words the unconditional love, care, and compassion that wraps us day and night. 

As the artist shares, this song is a dedication to the feminine, to birthing, to compassion, love, to mother nature,  mother earth, mother Reva, to all the mothers before me, to all the mothers after me and to all the mothers around me.   
  
"She is a boat, she is a light
High on a hill in dark of night
She is a wave, she is the deep
She is the dark where angels sleep
When all is still and peace abides
She carries me to the other side,
She carries me to the other side...

And though I walk through valleys deep
And shadows chase me in my sleep
On rocky cliffs, I stand alone
I have no name, I have no home
With broken wings, I reach to fly
She carries me to the other side,
She carries me to the other side...

A thousand arms, a thousand eyes
A thousand ears to hear my cries
She is the gate, she is the door
She leads me through and back once more
When day has dawned and death is nigh
She'll carry me to the other side,
She carries me to the other side...

She is the first, she is the last
She is the future and the past,
Mother of all, of earth and sky
She carries me to the other side,
She carries me to the other side..."


p.s- We even have a version of this song by Rev. Heng Sure



No comments:

Post a Comment

The heart is the true kabba:)

Before we started our walk we went to  Brahma Vidhya mandir , Pavnar to seek blessings from the elders some of whom have walked thousands o...