Tuesday, December 18, 2018

My Father


I know this man walking in front of me from last 30 years. I call him Columbus as he loves studying maps and exploring this big world on his 25 year old bike.

He is hardworking and a silent worker. When I think of him the glimpse that I get of him is doing something with his hand. He mends hearts wherever he goes by mending any machine that’s not working. For him no work is too small to do. The virtues that he holds speaks more of him then his words. He gets uncomfortable when given credit. He is a simple man with minimum needs. Being truthful is something that I have learnt from him. This gentleman got introduced to me as my father.

Today he joined us for almost 20 km walking nonstop and with the enthusiasm of a child. What a blessing it was to have him with us. If there are two things which I can ask for, it would be forgiveness and gratitude. Forgiveness for countless mistakes and misbehaviour. And gratitude for holding all those behaviours with love.

The warmth, love and blessings with which he has sent his two daughters, it must have taken lot of courage. There are endless occasions where I have missed saying him thank you. With this note I just want to share my gratitude for having him as our co-pilgrim in this lifetime.





1 comment:

  1. Touched and inspired. And so grateful for the opportunity to witness and learn from this beautiful relationship you share.

    ReplyDelete

The heart is the true kabba:)

Before we started our walk we went to  Brahma Vidhya mandir , Pavnar to seek blessings from the elders some of whom have walked thousands o...