Wednesday, June 19, 2019

I am the Universe


In my dreamlike state, I had always imagined myself sleeping under a tree with the sky hanging up. On the fourteenth day of the moon cycle, my wish comes true.

I lie down on the ground under which lies a web of strong roots. Some ants are busy collecting their food.

I can see the moon peeping from the roots hanging down from the banyan branch; reminding me of ‘change’ being the only ‘constant’ yet looking at it is bringing some stillness in me.

I hear crickets rubbing their legs to create symphony around me.

The leaves gently dancing as the wind comes to greet me.

The cow is making her presence felt by ringing the bells tied around her neck.

Meanwhile, I hear the dogs barking far in the dark old corners of the fields. 



The night has engulfed the light so I can’t see the river flowing beside me. But I still know she is there with me.
Likewise, there is so much that I cannot see but it’s all inside me; the leaf, the ant, the roots, the star, the earth, the moon, and the river. Every unit is part of me.

I am the universe. The universe is in me. The universe is me.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

The heart is the true kabba:)

Before we started our walk we went to  Brahma Vidhya mandir , Pavnar to seek blessings from the elders some of whom have walked thousands o...