Friday, May 24, 2019

Sometimes it is like this, Sometimes it is like that

Today morning while walking on the highway I saw trees on both the side of the road making a canopy above us. My mind said, oh! I don’t need trees now. This patch should have come in the afternoon when the temperature is at its peak. 

Likewise there are days when we are offered meals more then once while on some days we would just have a packet of biscuit. It was interesting how during our afternoon breaks we would be invited by extremely warm host families who would even request us to stay for the day. Its tempting to accept the request as evenings would be a difficult time for us to find secure and safe space to stay the night. I hear my tired mind say where do these warm hosts vanish after sun set. 

This mindset was taking me away from being in the present moment, from embracing the gifts that I had in the now. 

And it was latter that I realised that this pilgrimage was all about being in the present. As soon as I was finding comfort or attachment with a person, place or thing, it was time to move on. Attachment with the past was bringing suffering for the future.  

So the next time when the cloud came in front of the Sun to give us a little shade, or a child came running giving us a smile, or we took a little longer route we remembered Kanti dada and with gratitude started singing

"Game game game life is a game. 
We came crying crying 
We shall go laughing laughing 
Sometimes it is like this, sometimes it is like that 
Game game game life is a game"


No comments:

Post a Comment

The heart is the true kabba:)

Before we started our walk we went to  Brahma Vidhya mandir , Pavnar to seek blessings from the elders some of whom have walked thousands o...